Family Finger Puppets
To generate the creative juices and help kids get to know their family better. Finger puppets are a great way to let kids express themselves and learn a bit about how they feel.
- Cut several lengths of poster board about 1 -2 inches wide and 4 -6 inches long, or to lengths that will best fit comfortably around your (child’s) finger. Glue or tape these pieces into circles so that they resemble wide rings.
- Cut out photos of family member, pets, friends or pictures from magazines that delight.
- Glue or tape the carefully chosen pictures to the loops of poster board and use other materials to embellish and add texture.
- Slip the completed rings on and watch your child make up stories and plays with their new finger puppets.
- Photographs of family members, pets or favorite storybook characters
- Poster board
- Scraps of fabric
- Construction paper
- Child safe scissors
- Glue or Tape
- Cardboard box for puppet theatre (optional)
- Shoe Box for puppet storage (optional)
Kids will have a great time being creative and role playing. Encourage kids to enact scenes where they pretend to be another family member and listen to what they say. Kids will surprise you with their candor and how they perceive the family unit.